Uptown Theatre, Chicago, IL

Uptown Theatre, Chicago, IL
Uptown Theatre, Chicago, IL

06 June 2011

Welcome to the Tattered Film Palace

I've been wanting to start a film blog for quite a while, but kept waiting for the perfect moment, the film i just had to write about.  I really expected that film to be Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life, which I've been waiting impatiently for since i first heard rumors of it a few years ago.  I am a great admirer of all Malick's films, but I experience them on such an emotional and personal level that i find it hard to even talk about them, let alone write about them.  I went to the first showing of The Tree of Life in Chicago last Friday afternoon and loved it to an almost pathological degree.  "Time to start the blog," I thought, then found myself unable to get beyond: "Omigod, omigod, omigod, it is such an amazing and profound movie!  Omigod, omigod!"  Not a very auspicious beginning.  So I decided to lower the stakes and make this a much more casual undertaking. I am not certain what if any shape this blog will take eventually, but for now, I simply plan on writing about whatever films I happen to be watching or thinking about at the moment.  My taste and interests tend to be pretty eclectic, so hopefully you will find one or two that interest you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment